Friday, June 6, 2008

Analyze That!



When I first saw this image I knew I had to analyze it. The scenery is so peaceful. I could stare at the image for hours and see so many different interpretations. I love nature images because they remind me that the world has so many different types of terrains. These images bring back memories of camping, hiking, and fishing with my friends and family. This particular image has beautiful colors, lines, and lights. The image's hue has many different colors. There is blue, light blue, white, green and brown. The relative value of the image is light in some areas and dark in others.
This image uses atmoshperic perspective, the image is darker in the front and it progresses lighter to show distance. The mountains appear to be further away along with the trees along the banks of the water. The artist uses implied lines, these lines focus your eyes farther down the water, like your looking for the end. Contour lines are used in the trees to show volume. The tree's are used as overlap to creates space behind them. The shadows of the trees on the water make the image look real because you would actually see those shadows in nature. You can really see the texture of the trees. Each tree has branches and leafs that stick out and come to life. You can also see the rigid texture of the mountain tops.
I really enjoyed this image, it makes me feel like I'm floating down a river in Montana.

No comments: